This is Clare Island Lighthouse. The original lighthouse was built in 1806 by the Marquis of Sligo, on the isolated northern tip of Clare Island. Seven years later it was destroyed by fire. The new lighthouse tower was built toward the end 1818. Clare Island Lighthouse was decommissioned in 1965 after an astonishing 159 years of service. The Lighthouse and its buildings have recently been restored and transformed into a luxury guesthouse.
Prints and Cards:
Laser printed on Colotech Satin Finish 350 gsm pulp board, P.E.F.C. and Ecolabel Certified
Size: 12×16 inches